Some users may have received a notification asking them to uninstall their current app and switch to the iTouch Wearables app. The reason for this is our older apps will no longer be supported which means they will not receive improvements and bug fixes. While the app names are similar, the official iTouch Wearables app allows us to continue making feature enhancements, stability improvements and bug fixes to ensure a fantastic user experience. Older apps will be removed from the app store so we urge all users to update as soon as possible to avoid disruption of service.
TO SWITCH APPS, FOLLOW THESE STEPS:
- Open current app on your phone, tap the watch icon and then disconnect (will unpair watch from phone and app)
- Uninstall (delete) the old iTouch app
- Open Bluetooth settings on your phone and forget / unpair your watch (Android users: the disconnection step may have already removed the watch from Bluetooth for you)
- Download and install our new app from your app store (CLICK HERE)
- Open the iTouch Wearables app, tap the watch icon on top right and follow pairing instructions
A reminder that pairing must be done using the mobile app. If you don't see your watch as an option to pair in the new app, open your phone's Bluetooth settings and forget / unpair the watch. Then it will show up in the app as an available device to pair. If you have any difficulty forgetting the Bluetooth connection, toggle BT of and back on. Resetting the watch through the power settings may help as well.
(note: historical activity data cannot be carried over but it is necessary in order to bring you the best user experience moving forward)
Need help switching apps or pairing your watch to your phone, email us: email@example.com.